Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Stubbed Toe

Today was our first cold day of autumn, and while I was gone running errands today, Marina stubbed her toe . She ran out the door to greet her daddy and stubbed it on the driveway. It's got a good chunk of skin peeled back. I feel for her. It reminds me of the times, many times, that I stubbed my toes when I was a kid. Pretty much every summer it would happen--either riding my bike or just running around. Stubbed toes and summer go together. Marina is worse than April or Veronica about this kind of thing. You'd think her foot fell off. Veronica would get upset, April needed a cane or an ace bandage for everything, and Marina looses it and can't walk, or worse, is going to die. Taking a shower was a whole lot of fun. It about wore her out. She hasn't been to bed so early in a long time. I'm not happy about spending the second night on the couch because I snore and Dave can't get to sleep. Time to make some changes, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment